Friday, July 30, 2010

visa applied for! newsletter/blog

I sent my visa application to the visa service in Chicago, I do recommend them, (though I haven't tried any where else). The service is courteous and quick, I'll stop there, just in case if this time is the total opposite.

It was the more convenient (and affordable) way to go, even though that means not being able to go to Chicago for high quality-high quantity Asian groceries -_-''

I have been wondering in a self-centered-and-wanting-to keep-in-contact with people way; shall I prepare a newsletter for the trip back to China? or blog? A blog opens everything to everyone, non-China related stuff also...but then a newsletter is kind of formal.

Not critical stuff, just re-evaluating how much I want to share with people, without stepping on toes and offending or leaving out people. All the blogs I follow (many many blogs) fall into two major categories, Organizations for Care for Children and "Real People sharing Real Stuff". Sharing about Children is a little less revealing than sharing about real stuff (not to say that children are not a real and important topic) but it's different to be sharing about yourself in a way.

So I admire those people who write real stuff all the time without being (or appearing to be) self conscious. Will finish thought later.... Best friend back :)

No comments: