Monday, December 10, 2007

Out of the mouths of Olgies...

I swear, the older you get, the younger you get sometimes :)

This last weekend has been all over.  I'll just share the good parts, all this is from one woman, she has dementia, but she's very aware of her surroundings, and is quite happily uninhibited.

"No one sleeps with me unless they have good marks across the board!"


(while singing to Christmas carols)
"oh come let us adore her, oh come let us adore her!"
"bum bum bum - who am I calling a bum?"


"where are you from?" [Madison]
"oh no, you can't be from Madison, you're eyes are half closed!"
(her eyes were half closed)


(waiting for dinner and med pass)
"where are the dancing girls?!"


(to an older coworker)
"how old are you?
you know what you should do, you should marry an old man, that way when he dies, you'll have a nice car and lots of money
and then...you should do it all over again!"


(my favorite)
(speaking to another resident, who is fairly quiet)
"come and sit by me, we'll have a conversation, you'll say nothing, and I'll say everything"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahahaha oh wow that was good joany. you made me laugh