Today woke up and mom and dad dropped me off downtown to meet up with M to head to Iowa.
I waited at Asian Midway for a while then I became restless and went to the park nearby. I swung for a while until it really started bothering me that there weren't many people around and the ones that were around, didn't look too family-ish for a park. I got the heck out of there and went back to Asian Midway.
M came in while I was looking for the doh-jiung that my mom would buy when we were little and still shopped at Midway. I honestly could not remember where it was located and I paced the beverage aisle like an idiot. I can picture the bottle in my head, but I couldn't find it. M came in and grabbed a pack of M150? energy drink and we headed out.
The rental car wasn't as nice as his usual car. It was fairly slow and numerous cars passed us on the way to Iowa. Mikey was also along, he was slightly amusing.
The Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium was fairly good size. Inside were two levels of attractions (fish from the midwest area) and the advertised "Catfish World" that M and Mikey had planned to see. Though the outside boats and areas were pretty cool, they were overall disappointed to only see a catfish the size of a toddler. I was pretty impressed with that...it was huge.
That wasn't even the largest catfish in the world. The one from Thailand (M's area) can be the size of a small dingy/lifeboat. The biggest catfish was about the size of a car.
After the museum and aquarium we got lost in Dubuque. It is a very boring looking town compared to Madison...it depressed me a little not to see multilane streets in the "downtown" area. Lots of One Way streets lead to illogical (to us) places.
We lunched at KFC where they only had a dining area of three tables. very uneventful.
Mikey tried to sneak a smoke, what a retard :] As soon as he went out with the keys to the car and M's cell, I asked M what he was doing and he said something along the lines of a smoke. Well...I crushed Mikey's "lucky" cigarette. I give him props for not bringing a whole pack and for going almost a whole morning without it.
I love it when M gives fair warning to his buddies not to bring smokes. It's more comfortable that way. But I also find it highly amusing when they do bring it anyways. M always says, "I told you not to bring it around Joan" when they accuse him of telling on them.
They'll all get lung cancer... but M's working hard to quit. He went the whole day without any noticeable need/cravings.
Went to the farm and helped M's family with re-plasticking the "greenhouses for chickens". Kind of dirty work, I wish I had worn work clothes. Took M's dad, M, Mikey and me about an hour to rip apart the old plastic and carpet, burn the heck out of it, and replastick the whole greenhouse. Those chickens'll be warm this winter ^_^
"My" chicken is doing well. According to M, she's the best breeder...o.O x -_-' it's amusing in its own way. She had a good batch of chicks with her and she kept close tabs on all of them. So far she's had three batches? of chicks this year...pretty impressive right? ^_~ dunno...
While replasticking, M's dad let almost all the chickens loose. After plasticking, we had to round them all up and put them back. I still haven't been able to catch a chicken.
The farm has ducks too. But I didn't visit with them.
Had a good time today. Super tired. Not too too much homework left ^_^
No comments:
Post a Comment