Thursday, July 13, 2006

"Last night we thought about playing strip-UNO"

what a juicy secret...

gosh...fat cat is sleeping in my bed the way I sleep....I think she's learning from me.

I guess I should also add that it wasn't Ming, Betty, Alison who contemplated strip-UNO, rather the guys from Tuesday night....which brings me to a small (but slowly growing) concern. College...am I going to do crazy stuff?
Nikson's already offered to provide, to go out to get drunk with me, and to take me to several college parties. I talked with Meng today about Nikson, it lasted about 10 seconds and didn't help at all.

just feeling wiped out today. just kind of spent feeling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are plenty of students that don't go out to bars and parties. And there are plenty of other activities that you can do. I think that the two biggest things that you can do to avoid getting into what you refer to as "crazy stuff" is to: a) find friends that also don't want to get into the drinking scene; b) find activities to do with them.
Space abhors a vacuum, and free time is the same way. If saying no to what your friends are doing means that you'll end up alone on a Friday nigth with nothing to do, then saying no will be much harder to do. Doing the two things I mentioned earlier will make it easier to fill that empty time slot and make it easier not to get involved in something in which you don't want to get involved.

Having friends that don't go out to bars or get high can provide someone to help back you up and encourage you if other people start to try to pressure you. Also, it means that if most of your friends end up going out to a bar on Friday night, there will still be one or two other people you can hang out with so that you won't be all by yourself.

Having several hobbies or activities that you can do with people that don't involve "crazy stuff" also helps. It means that you and your teetotalling friends will have something you can do together other than just sit in someone's room while everyone else goes out and gets drunk. Not only that, but if you have some fun activities that you look forward to doing, it will make you feel less pressured to go do something that you don't necessarily want to do.