Here are the links to two albums of photos that were taken with Living Tree. Actually, the website, I just found online but haven't read for myself...the photos are very dated :) [on second glance, the whole website is fairly dated, but the goal is still the same; to help disabled children and show the love of God]
I took far fewer photos this year than last because this year I learned about respect and how respect includes keeping someone else's self image positive. I took most of the photos towards the end of my stay, after I began knowing the children more. Still, many of the photos appear raw, or unbeautiful..and I don't know if it was right, but I left some of them out.
The children are beautiful and each one, right down to the most developmentally delayed, has their way of interacting with the world...it just takes a little more time to find their *click* that makes them open up.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing all the pics. I peeked back in the Baoji ones, and I loved poring over them and seeing the faces of all the little ones that my Li'l Empress spent her first 13 months growing up with. Thanks also for the obvious love and care that you and your peers give to these kids. It's such a blessing to know that regardless of their needs, there are folks like you guys giving, giving, giving. I'm proud to "know you" via our adoption journey. And as a momma to one of the little ones, thank you for the love you show them. You will never fully know the security and hope you pour into them with your love.
Post a Comment