Monday, August 31, 2009

finished!

Just finished Wild Sw@ns, a book about the history of China. It was recommended by a friend and it's banned in the mainland, after reading it, I'm not surprised.

I just can't believe such atrocities happened in the past and how many such cruelties have happened all around the world in the past and today. It just further reminds us that the world is broken and fallen, and will never be perfect until Jesus returns.

If you have an interest in China, I wouldn't say I'd recommend it, it's rather detailed. But reading it will give you a greater understanding of China and I believe, Chinese people. This would also explain a good deal of the animosity between Taiwan and China. Through the story of a Chinese family, three generations of women, history is vividly portrayed.

1 comment:

The Gang's Momma! said...

I'll have to look into this. I'm always up for a new book, and I am a sucker for books about generations of women in a family line. That it is about the history of China is all the more intriguing to me. . .