Wednesday, July 30, 2008

opportunity

So there is an opportunity to work as a volunteer in China for ChinaCare for a year. They'll provide room and food.

I've been thinking it about it for the last couple hours and it's a solution and puzzle to me.

One hand, when I think about Baoji I think about how it'd be great to spend more time there. but then are my motives good?

Then I think about putting my life "on hold". I told my parents briefly, three-waying on skype - about the proposition and my mom was like, "finish school".
The way I see it, school has a chance to wait, I haven't started nursing school yet and therefore I wouldn't be taking a break. Not sure if I'd be accepted into the program again,
but then another long term volunteer asked me, is that what I want to go back to? I'm not really questioning my major, it's something I can do and do well and make a difference. but I do have a moment of thought, is nursing something I need to do immediately? Or maybe take a year off? is that so crazy, so American/western an idea?

I could work on my Chinese, my baby handling skills, dunno...

thinking...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....come back home...i miss talking to you :(

gbc

Anonymous said...

seriously joan...i miss talking to u T_T

gbc