I don't think I want to handle another long day of bus riding and waiting. yuck.
I have to say this, I love the fur behind my kitty's ears. I like rubbing my nose through its softness and exhaling explosively (without snot mind you) into it.
One the bus today I saw two couples holding hands. I suppose if you're like that, being stuck on a bus isn't so bad. Not feeling cuddly today though, sorry. I haven't felt cuddly all this week.
I highly recommend exhaling forcefully through the fur behind my cat's ears. It's a nice fluffy feeling. I'd rather do that for an hour than homework.
Today I learned some more techniques for mice and rat handling. Oh goodness...the first half of the presentation was ok, but then came all the blood collecting techniques. After the third technique on mice, I almost passed out. Fortunately I made it to the bathroom, where there was a stall with (I guess...for this purpose of passing out) a bed. I lay down for a while and tried to breathe again. Later I told the instructor I almost passed out, and he says, "oh, sit on the floor, don't try and leave the room, you might not make it out".
I feel more competant with the handling of mice and rats now, but I don't plan on drawing blood from any place (tail, foot, eye, etc) ugh. Maybe I'll rethink nursing. Or maybe I'll just watch that video until I become desensitized. yughk either way.
I'm going to backwards sniff my cat's earfluff again then attempt to do homework. I wish that school would just cancel itself, I need a snowday.
1 comment:
I'm not much in a cuddly mood either.
yarg.
but oh my gosh I had no idea you had to deal with rodents to train to be a nurse. yikes, I wouldn't be able to do all that. you sure have a strong stomach, I would have gagged for sure.
Post a Comment