Wednesday, February 06, 2008

there was a time when a group of pedestrians were trying to push a bus out of the snow (another driver drove up and speak-phoned them to stop b/c they were risking their lives.
so I hopped on the next bus, didn't care where it went as long as it went West. Got stuck at the West Transfer point for over an hour. Bumped into my dad there. Then went to Copps to buy ice cream (pre-planned-purchases)

There was this Hmong boy there, maybe about 15 years old. Poor kid, obviously not prepared for the weather. He wore a hoodie, no coat. -_-'' but he declined offer of mittens, so I guess he's tough enough.
ate ice cream with a stranger at the WTP. Then the bus there that was there solely to warm people up, became 67, the bus we needed. Got on, and then as we were going up this incredible hill, cars everywhere struggling to get up, a man outside was running to catch the bus. But we didn't stop. If we had, we all would have been stuck. I felt bad for him, I hope he understands why we didn't stop, but I still feel bad for him.

Then got off the bus and walked 4 blocks home through unplowed areas. Ended up walking on the street.

Got home, things are better now. so tired...

No comments: