As those of you who have been on campus very well know, the 80 buses are packed to bursting during passing time. I was walking along the sidewalk and passed the same bus at several intersections.
so...
walking
walking
walking
- intersection -
sees totally empty 80 bus pulling up from the next street (shift and bus change for the drivers) and I got on!! I was the only person on the bus (the fullest bus route in Madison) for 5 minutes. I got to ask the driver questions that have been burning on my mind, and not inconvenience any one.
So... #1) when the buses pull into the transfer point, and one bus is late and calls ahead to the transfer point, who gets the message? every single bus in Madison so the message (text message) is for 8 buses at most, but rings to all ~100? buses crazy :)
#2) when the bus announces its location at different stops, is it GPS or a sensor reading embedded signals in the road? it's GPS.
so yeah.
That's not the end of it!!
after I went to the lab, I left and caught another bus. I caught the new UW-Madison edition Hybrid bus!! ^_^ very cool. The seats are red, and the back doors open subway style, and the aisles are wider, and it's just cool. B/c the driving is so stop and go on campus, the hybrid idea is really good for us. Following are some amateur pics.
*big sigh* today was a cool Monday (other things happened too..)
No comments:
Post a Comment