Tuesday, October 24, 2006

$300 mice

I just wanted to take a short break from my chemistry to tell everyone something I saw today.

Went to work and did mouse stuff again. Dad says, "Do you want to see some cute mice?" I just thought..they're all kind of cute in their own way. Then he pulls out a cage and uncovers the top protective lid, then the metal grill and voila!!! One of the $300 mice, (so...this male is worth $150)
Oh - my - goodness!!! The was the most amusing mouse I've ever seen! This mouse looks like a cow!!! It had black and white spots all over and it's just so cow-like!! Dad asked me what to call them, (mice do have breed names), and we've decided that cow-mice is good.
Very cool.

Dad's rebuilding his colony through this very special pair. Not only are they bi-color, they're mutants!! Spontaneous mutants...they're missing a gene that is crucial to dad's experiment to determine which stem cells cause prostates to form.

In other not as exciting news, I saw a mouse literally have some kind of seizure. It was crazy! Freaky...it was just zooming back and forth and jumping everyone. It was kind of scary..

More about animals... I do believe beta-blu might be depressed. M's dropping me and another beta off on Thursday. Hopefully they'll be ok here in the dorm. He's looking at me! ^_^

Ok...back to chem >_<''
good news ^_^ 83% on the last midterm...still hovering just above median and average scores.

No comments: