Friday, August 04, 2006

Good times

This last week's been nice.

Tuesday we had the Girls' Night Out for J. We stood in line at Quaker Steak and Lube until we were tired of waiting, Pakou had went in to get us a table and was told to wait 45 minutes, then another 45 minutes. We left after that and went to Applebee's...where the salad was disappointing and the line non-existent. It was nice to talk for a long time...Applebee's really cleared out fast, soon we were the only ones left.

Mary Lee and Jeremy ^_^

Wednesday, visited with some friends that were visiting from Taiwan. Langmuir and Bowen left several years ago and it's really great whenever they visit. Bunch of Chinese people in one place eating ^_^. And it was great...I understood most of it..which is different than hanging around Hmong friends..don't understand much until they translate for you.

Yesterday night, went to Alison's and hung out. Talked, had a fire, burned marshmallows. Stayed up late, played a few board games, and finally wrestled a secret out of Alison.

Before that, Dad, Josh, me and Jon(for a while) organized Dad's computer stuff. We had bought 9 containers from Aldi's to organize all of his cables. We had a box each for AV, telephone cords, printer cables, monitor cables, power supplies, power cords, and a bunch more. We're not even done.

Once in a while Dad would exclaim, "A Treasure!" some odd computer component that is fairly rare. After a few treasures were found, I sort of didn't look up from rubberbanding whenever he found another. Dad then exclaimed, "Real Treasure!" and when I looked up, he had found a can of Almond Roca in all those computer cables ^_^ I wonder how they got there.

Bunch of stuff to do for church. Have to prepare my Sunday School lesson for the 1st-3rd graders, then prepare a powerpoint for singspiration. It's a little busier than usual, but then I remember people like Cindy and my dad..with those two duties, choir, and translating. Busy busy..

^_^ I get to see Mary Lee today..didn't work yesterday like I thought I would. She's amusing.

No comments: