Saturday, August 05, 2006

All things good

I didn't think today would be so great but it's already turning out better than expected.

Everyone's at Devil's Lake for the youth group barbeque or at work (Henry). I went out to the mall, which was pretty boring, didn't find much of interest.
Then I went to Prairie Towne Center. I stopped by Party City and saw Betty there ^_^. Bought a box of chalk.
Walked to Copps, bought corn (4/$1 with card ^_^); a donut; a loaf of Italian bread. I was picking up a free donut hole when I heard Daniel Powter's "Bad Day" come over the intercom. This young guy employee is pushing a tall metal cart and he sings, "You had a bad day" very off tune and I couldn't help but smile. As he pushed the cart through swinging doors, I hear another employee singing inside just as loudly, slightly more in tune though.
I really like that song, it became popular during the early part of May and it was awful, but at the same time, so good. I think it's very fascinating that so many people like it, it's so simple and everyone understands it. Even in Taiwan, in Wulai, up in the mountains they blasted it in the cable car. It's international.
One of my old classmates checked me out at the register. And another was working the register beside the one I was at. It's nice to see people from school, we chatted for a while, I didn't really know him well but it was nice any ways that he asked about my life and shared about his.

Any ways...I guess being home alone isn't so bad. ^_^ gonna make a big lunch for myself and watch a movie maybe.
Have a great day everyone!

No comments: