So life now...finished with SOAR today. Went yesterday and today, thanks to Jia for insightful advice! I skipped the 6+ hours of registration choosing to check in right before the program (excellent choice). Also skipped the social events of the evening in favor of welcoming my new sister home. I tried explaining in an older post, but blogger crashed.
- - - here's the story though...
Eric and Julia decided to get married, and for some reason, Julia's parents couldn't make it. So they chose my dad to give her away (because he's "old" and he has a daughter of marriageable age). So...in a strange series of events, after wanting a sister since we found out Josh was a boy, I now have a sister. cool ^_^
but come to think of it, I've already had a bunch of unofficial sisters, I can list a bunch, but the internet is full of freaks, and who knows where the info will be picked up ^_~
Today I signed up for classes. I followed the Nursing School advisor with some other girls to learn about the nursing course of classes. I chose to do a FIG (First year Interest Group), something you can only do freshman year first semester. I chose "Hmong in America" for a lot of reasons.
- First one is that I'd like to smite the Listener for not being supportive of me and learning his language when he's learned mine. I think he's just jealous that I can say "kuv tsis paub" as well as he can ^_~.
- Second, I feel like soon, Hmong will be as many as the Hispanic population in the midwest and it'll be useful to know more about the culture in a teaching setting. I want to work in health care, and from what some of my friends say, they got some pretty crazy "cures". They need real medicine. Also, just knowing the culture could be useful.
- Lastly, the FIG will fulfill both my social science and ethnic studies requirements.
Also going to take Chem 109 with these 9 credits for a total of 14. Should I push for another? (to get my "money's worth"?) probably not going to, why kill myself? Gotta work too.
It's super cool that I've passed out of English and Math. I guess I don't even have to take Calc for nursing, but will probably take it just in case that I'll change directions (most likely will change).
Saw one girl from school there, that was comforting to see someone familiar. Also saw this guy that looked super familiar...one of the many guys I met this last year. I'm fairly certain of who he is, but didn't want to say. I'm guessing he's the Listener's brother. It was creepy, he could tell me my name and where I graduated from.
I'm not looking forward to the 18 hour flight from MI to Japan. Going to be boring. I better find very comfortable clothes. I can't believe I'm going! I'm can't believe I'm done with high school! I can't believe how tired I already am.
Most importantly I must post this:
Happy Birthday Chao!!!
thanks for being one of the most awesome friends in the world! ^_^
^_^ well...to everyone else, I'll see you after I come back. I don't think I'll be in service until July 7th, I'm not sure about the jet lag. I'll miss everyone!...just a little ^_^.
2 comments:
ty joan ^_^....safe trip and have lots of fun...sorry couldn't be on msn to wish u g'luck but yeah...u wanted me to go out so i did XD...anyways...have fun and i'll c u when u get back =)
Have a fun and safe trip back to Taiwan. Take lots and lots of pictures!
(I usually bring three books to read on the plane or when I'm waiting. Music helps too. It's veeeeeeeeeeeeery boring waiting by yourself.)
Post a Comment