Tuesday, June 22, 2010

dainty feet

I wish I had dainty feet.

My cousin came back from Taiwan today and my aunt sent some dainty shoes. They're very cute, very impractical and very Joan unfriendly.

I feel like Cinderella, jamming my wide rectangle feet into shoes that were made for women who had their feet bound at some point in their life!

*sigh* I can just imagine myself wearing them for a day in Asia...walking miles a day on sidewalk, or non-sidewalk (>.<), running after buses, carrying groceries and children...ahhh....I can just see it now... skin rubbed off/raw, very cranky self...

nope, I will stick to my wide, rectangle sandals. No bunions, hammer toes or back problems for me :) Need these feet to work a long time, and this back to carry a lot of important people.

someone out there! make rectangle shaped cute shoes :) made for walking please!

1 comment:

The Gang's Momma! said...

I read about a Japanese family who bound their daughters' feet - I can't remember the book. But I was very, very young and the emotions that I felt when reading stayed with me a long time. I can see myself sitting in the little library of the town where I grew up, trying to hide that I was crying in public. I wish now I could remember it. . . I'd like to read it again, as a grown up.