Thursday, May 20, 2010

palm-face *fails*

so...I decided to make cookies today to give away tomorrow.

being the domestic diva I am, I had my brother find the perfect recipe, then I proceeded to botch up every single step, all the while confident in my baking skills.

you can learn from my mistakes.

1 stick of butter does not equal 1 cup of butter. It's a half. (thus, my cookies did not brown, nor did they have that satisfying fatty flavor)

the second spoon on the ring of measuring spoons, is not a half tablespoon. it's also not a half teaspoon. It's a teaspoon.
baking powder and baking soda amounts are not interchangeable (my cookies had a very light airy cake light texture)

don't sift together baking powder, baking soda and flour before you know what you're doing. I added part of the dry ingredients consistently of who-knows-what amount of what, because I had half the amount of butter needed, and the cookies were too dry.

throwing all the little mounds of cookies together to form bars is not the solution. that last effort to save them, also failed. I took them out too early, then the middle was semi-not-done, and the outside was cooked.

I hope this brings a smirk or a smile to your face. As my brother said, "let us recap what went wrong...no where do we start?"

it's ok, I think I need to sleep off this anxiety about passing the NCLEX. Obviously, baking didn't help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still commend your effort and mourn the tragedy of those lost in the battle. *bows*