My mom's going back to Taiwan on Thursday. I hate when she leaves emergently like she's been doing so for the last few years.
This has prompted my mom to tell me not to get married too far away, and that she doesn't want to retire to Taiwan any more if this will cause a ton of trouble down the road.
Today when I drove home in the afternoon, I saw a bunch of elementary school crossing guards at a four way stop. I was so confused by their signals. I have mixed feelings about them. I think it teaches them responsibility and leadership, but it's so scary to drive through there when there's no pattern of who has right of way and there's kids all over the place.
I can finally tie up my hair. It's quite awful looking, but feels so good to be up.
I also want to say that I feel artificially important. I added my frequent flier miles to my e-ticket and now I'm listed as a Silver Medallion. I suppose it's because of some brilliant marketing technique that I feel the way I do.
I still feel rootless after this weekend. So much to do, I need to get a breather. Sometime in the next few weeks, I want to go to the monastery, just for some quiet.
Ok... I think I have everything out now. I can do some needed work.
2 comments:
glad you got to take some time for yourself later.
what a stressful time!
I'm sure your hair looks beautiful as always.
My mom is considering moving to Beirut when she and my stepdad retire. :p Don't know how serious they are about it though.
Taiwan doesn't seem like it would be so bad though.
Thanks Janet for the encouragement!
Post a Comment