Monday, December 07, 2009

med flight

I just have to share this with any one who has time to read other's thoughts.

So today I was waiting for the bus after school, (which is next to one of the best hospitals in the nation) and the med flight went over. And this has happened on many occasions, when the med flight goes over and you can see the red and white and Bucky Badger painted on the bottom of the helicopter.

and it gives me Chills every time I see it.

because it's so cool!
and so scary

it's cool because we have two helicopters (I think), and we can get the most critical patients in the area.
and it's so scary because you know that the best emergency response doctor, nurse, whatever is in that helicopter and it's all them (and the people on the ground anticipating the patient), no pushing a "code blue" button at bedside for additional assistance [and of course the patient is in critical condition (double scary!)].

I've met 2 people, maybe more and I just didn't know, who've been med flighted and lived because of the efforts of a big team of people. Gave me the chills just thinking that they were on my unit (my unit only has medically stable patients) and think about how far they've healed.

So, just wanted to share my med flight feelings. I wonder if they ever get sick of flying.

Thank God for the MedFlight.

1 comment:

The Gang's Momma! said...

We, too are so incredibly thankful for Med Flights. Here, ours is called Life Flight. Several years ago, our Baby BlueEyes was in a terrible accident and had to be flown to CHOP for trauma care. The team was efficient, compassionate, and very focused. Thankfully, BBE's life wasn't in danger but at the point in which we were in LF's care, we didn't know the extent of his injuries. They let me ride, gave me a seat to be able touch him and comfort him. They all got treated to me singing (off key, I'm sure) to my baby boy and praying in the Spirit over them. This post makes me think that I should take some time to thank them - I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't done that specifically.