I just had the weirdest dream that I was working on nursing care plans for some of the kids in Baoji. I was dreaming about XR and thinking about her foster mom and recent adoption. It was upsetting for some reason, in the dream. I guess it was thinking about how when foster kids are adopted in China, they are first removed from the foster home to go back to the fuliyuan so that they can be acclimated to the ayi that passes them to the adoptive parents.
It's full of tears, usually right away for the child; and usually after leaving the child's view, for the foster parents. While we were in Baoji, XR was brought back to the fuliyuan for the final days of her life without a permanent family; I was so happy for her, my cinderella-baldy-turned-beautiful girl; but it just crunched my heart knowing her patient and lovely fostermom was grieving inside over her own mixed feelings of loss and joy.
I read some blogs on blogline, following parents who are in the process of adoption; what excites me most besides the placement, is when they remember the foster family and prepare a gift or card or photo. Every foster family is different, but I think that when they are remembered, it eases everyone's hurt, just a little.
1 comment:
Great post. It's a big part of my girl's life before she came to us and I desire to honor all that time as best I can. It's my fondest wish that Li'l E's foster parents carry with them always the knowledge that they gave our girl a fabulous start and we are so grateful. The little gift and note we left for them seemed so paltry compared to the depth of feeling we carried (and still carry!). The fact that they keep fostering says VOLUMES about the caring hearts that they possess. Our girl was blessed indeed.
Post a Comment