Friday, July 04, 2008

baoji

has been very interesting, first full day today.

yesterday after the (quite pleasant) 15 hour train ride the ai-ee's took us interns to town and we tried new foods and got prices that were offered to nationals. The city is quite small and surrounded on 3 sides with mountains, needless to say it's quite beautiful in a country-ish way.

I have limited (very) access to the internet, but I'll post once in a while. I think 2 weeks is good here.

Babies are good but I'm interested in working with the older kids. We're located in the state's orphanage on a floor, things are pretty good but hectic with the return of all the children. no aftershock yet :)

what else to say... everywhere I go with the interns, people ask me what country they are from, and comment on their beautiful white skin. I was mistaken for a korean. it's all quite interesting in its own fun way. like going to northern wisconsin and being asian, but the opposite way. baoji isn't big, and doesn't see very many foreigners, we were quite the "celebrities"

No comments: