I'm homesick.
So thank you to all of you who continue to contact me despite my vacation messages. I keep those on just as a warning that my replies could be very slow, but God is good! I have internet, no laptop, but there's access to a volunteer computer which I am currently monopolizing after reading about parenting blind children.
I love reading about the stupidest, pedestrian, normal day things.
I frequently feel my eyes feel gummy with sneaky pre-tears. I had that experience earlier today when I couldn't get my PDA with Skype on it to connect to the wireless (thank God again) in our apartment (very nice, thank God over and over again). Skype's my line to home, and any one else who has skype. My cell phone's sim card has made me quite frustrated and I can't contact home and friends and M easily.
So right now, I feel uncomfortable. I find comfort in Isaiah 49 (biblegateway.com is conveniently blocked en Chine), the verse about even if a mother forgets her child, God will not forget you!!!! I'm beginning to learn the dynamics of orphan work and the politics behind it. I feel purpose when I have a sleeping baby in my baby sling that Terri taught me to make but when I'm not doing that, the gummy feeling in my eyes comes back a lot.
I have almost no doubt that God wants me here. Some times I have no doubt whatsoever. But prayers are very appreciated.
I am well provided for because of people's advice while I was at home, and because of friends and family here. I thank God that all of this has come together to fill all my physical needs (minus the laptop and ready communication with home ^_~).
Part of me wishes that these two months I have left will zip by quickly, the big part of me. The little part makes me wonder why I'm here, and how to make it last and as a big impact. And the last part of me fully realizes that I've been rambling for too long and that if you're still reading, you really care about me or just skimmed the whole message :)
I miss everyone! I miss being able to drive to woodmans and getting some quality ice cream. I miss being able to whip out the cell phone while in woodmans to call whoever I want because I don't have to think about time zones.
1 comment:
I'm still reading and cares about u =) Always know God is watching over you and he's placed you there for a reason. I'm sure when you are done, you would have learn lots and glad you made the decision to go there :)
gbc
Post a Comment