Today has been wild. I woke up early and went to Kuang and Christa's and saw Christa, Timmy, Tiffany; Haining, John, Suzanne, and Barnabas. Barnabas is hefty and gentle :) The kids went to the park, that was amusing, I have photos, but I haven't put them on the computer yet.
I got on the wrong bus on the way back. same number, different destination. I can't read, but I realized we were on the wrong track and tried to understand Beijing accent from the ticket lady. Unsuccessful, I got off and then caught a taxi (more expensive, but got me back just in time).
Sound of Music, performed by the group home children was a huge success!
Then after telling some interns how to do preschool, I ran off again back into the city for a very suspenseful, but triumphant trip to get my stuff from S. I can only sigh with relief and know that the verse is really right, "He works for the good of those who love him." I wish I could love him enough to be worthy of the protection today through bus, taxi1, taxi2, taxi3, taxi4, bus2, and bus3 all in 3 hours.
I've learned somethings here. Or watched.
1) cab driver opened his door to spit on the sidewalk.
2) road workers playing games on the street, old men playing thinking games on benches.
3) crossing in a pack like sheep is safe. A mass of people moving at once deters even the most aggresive cars.
Thank God for today, I really can't put it all down.
and I had ice cream too :)
No comments:
Post a Comment