Thursday, August 02, 2007

faster to type

than to take the time and write it all down.

So this is probably sort of what I'd write in the journal if my eyes and mind weren't so tired, and my back so sore. And I'm hungry. But it's 11:40 and I probably shouldn't indulge myself...

So...class today, miraculously stayed awake through the whole lecture...happens about 1-2 out of 4 lectures ^_^. Caught the bus home and then didn't do any thing useful that I can remember.

I believe I watched the rest of a so so movie and then lunch, shower, nap, in a different order until work. Work wasn't too bad. We were short one person, so we had three waitstaff. Had 5 tables, but really only had 3 because one table had one person, and the other fortunately didn't fill. Worked 2nd fastest on the scale of fastness "there's only two speeds, fast and faster"
Today was also one of my coworker's last day. Weren't really close, but she was good to work with (though on the slow side). My boss made these awesome caramel, nut brownies for the good bye party and I tried making life as easy as possible for the departing coworker.
Despite being short a person (which is a big deal even if it doesn't sound like it), we finished early ^_^

Went to Walmart to celebrate the evening to myself. Of course, missed another volleyball session (found out too late -_-) and set out to take advantage of deals. I bought a bunch of school supplies, and I do believe I'll go back for more. This is one of my favorite times of the year because all the school supplies (esp crayons) are on sale. I can fill and finish a lot of my Operation Christmas Child boxes (not to toot my horn). So...since this is online and not in the journal, I'll insert link.
This year I haven't set a goal, but I'd like to have a stack at least as tall as me by turn in time.

So after Walmart, I went to Woodmans and had a blast. Seriously ^_^
I came in and saw Clarence, he's chubbier (not bothering to censor or protect any one, so tired...). He bought a bag of chips and made little to no effort to say any thing to me. Suav
After that, saw one of those girls from school. Pa something or other, from the last group of refugees. Tried talking, but I think our communication is still at around 0. At least she recognized me. Hmoob
Paced the chip aisle looking for the generic ruffles and cheese dip. Finally bought name brand chips and got Sour Cream and Onion dip ^_^.
Saw Pa Nhia, Sue, and this other girl I forgot working. Didn't realize everyone was working there. Hmoob
Finally, the best part was finding Angel-boy's brother. Haven't seen him in months! I saw him and was going to come back after buying my stuff to sneak up on him, grab him and hope that he screams. Subject-verb disagreement. So tired... Hmoob
I paid for my stuff and he was gone -_-
But then I asked his sister and she said he was on break. So we sat and ate chips and dip, and chatted, and I caught my breath that I haven't seem to have had all day. When I left, it just made me kind of sad but happy. Good to see everyone, we might go mini golfing. I hope he doesn't bring the girlfriend. It's just so odd. He was my project. My brainwashed success (or so I thought).

*big yawn* It's almost tomorrow.
I'm so hungry.

Any ways, after my evening of random spending, Walmart and Woodmans, how much cooler a way is there to spend time alone (or with good friends). Um....
So...the italics are what's going on inside my head. How I seriously need to meet nicer Chinese people my age. It makes sense to me if it doesn't to you, so tired. But this is what I'd put down in writing if I weren't so tired.

Welcome to my world. Good night, actually, "good morning".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a nice full day you had.
I know what you mean about needing to meet more people with your background your own age. if that could happen for me, that would be nice. :]

that operation christmas seems like such a sweet thing.
last year our school had a toy drive and I went to Target and got as much as I could to donate. (haha, I almost lived in Target last year)

that seems like a nice thing to do this year~the shoebox idea. :]