Today, spent the day in Chicago with Dad, Kong, Vassal, M, and Cha.
Drove out and went to the International Club - bought two huge pomelo, the fanciest red envelopes I've ever seen, and a bunch of other Asian goodies. Dad also bought blue fish, fresh fish. I saw M coming out of the room that had all the fresh fish and meat smiling like he saw the best things in the world :D I went in and only saw fish. Later I asked him what was so special about fish, he said that it's all fresh..and that not many places do that any more. ^_^ it's nice that so many things are able to please him so easily.
Went to the Shedd Aquarium, and because it was a discount day, the line was super long. We all froze pretty good out there, chilly by the lake. What's ridiculously funny is that I ran ahead up a ramp because I thought the entrance was there. Then a huge group of people followed me. Any ways, the entrance wasn't there, so I headed back down. And everyone I passed either muttered something about following the group or continuing on the wrong way. Kind of funny..M poked fun at my 'great leadership'.
The fish were ok at the Shedd. I was sleepy and they didn't allow flash photography. Dad and I saw three humongous Dungeness Crabs - bigger that two people's heads!! And a bunch of rays, eels, and a giant snake. Saw a bunch of cichlids, they look like they have massive head tumors!
Went to Chinatown and had dim sum. Vassal and Kong very animatedly ordered a whole bunch of dishes, everything was good ^_^ Good dinner conversation too..
Then did the usual grocery rounds..bakery, butcher shop, Mitsuwa.
Sleepy now. Had a good time, everyone did ^_^ And Cha didn't smoke the whole time! great leaps and bounds of improvement.
Lastly, it snowed here! First snow since around Thanksgiving!!
Good night everyone!
1 comment:
Hey, your banner picture changed!
That's so cute about M smiling! What a sweetie.
Ooooh what a fun trip! Glad you had a great time.
Meliss
Post a Comment