Today I had class downtown, dad dropped me off ^_^
During class we had a speaker come in to talk about her experiences as a person who completely relied on personal care assistants. What she said was very insightful. Suddenly, in the middle of a thought, she looked out the window and says, "shit! it's raining...how am I gonna get home? I have an electric wheelchair." Well...I think she found her way home by calling one of her many employees to pick her up, but for me, none to be found.
I went down after class and as I was leaving, I looked out and the rain was just pouring! The streets were flooded over, the deepest place I slooshed through was one and a half feet deep in rushing rain water.
I'm so lucky, one of the girls from class that I never talked to or any thing, she offered me her umbrella. She was catching a ride from someone and didn't need it. I'm so grateful that she loaned me her umbrella for a whole week, won't see her for another week.
I ran to the bus stop and I was freezing, shivering and wet. Called M but he hadn't finished lunch and his break was going to be over. I couldn't really even hold the phone still.
On bus 2, we crossed and drove through streams of rainwater. The busdriver changed the route to avoid rainwater ponds. A guy from West that had been at MATC Truax was talking to me, and slowly moved next to me. He was nice, but that was odd. We were totally amazed by how much water there was out there, we even saw a girl wearing a bikini walking her bike! She was prepared, she even had a plastic cover for her backpack.
Finally got to the West Transfer Point. Bought a few things at the shopping area there then came home.
Gotta work today, I feel sleepy though.
No comments:
Post a Comment