Wednesday, June 07, 2006

quarter for your thoughts.

today after finals (french), had the senior rehearsal for graduation. though it was mostly the senior photo, with all 600 of us squished into place.

came home and Mom, Dad, and I went to Josh's elementary school graduation (which didn't seem as good as mine but they had root beer floats ^_^)

After that, mom and I went to the mall to buy more lotions for Taiwan. For some reason mom has decided that it's a great gift for my cousins, and then after a while, she decided that everyone could receive lotion. earlier today mom cleaned out her drawers and pulled out all the change. At Bath & Body Works, bought ~27 dollars worth of products in quarters, nickels, and dimes, mostly quarters.
At Arby's we bought dinner for Jon and Henry, 6 dollars in nickels and dimes.

Went back home and I left to go to the Listener's house to pick up pictures to put in the scrapbook for Ms. Her. Sat in his basement assembling the pictures and stuff. Went through the usual introductions to family where the format is:
family member: *something something in Hmong*
Joan: uh oh - kuv tsis paub...
friend: (to the rescue) *something something to the effect of "she's not Hmong"*

One day I'll surprise them all ^_~ and learn something. until then, I don't want to use my limited reserves of kuv hlub koj and kuv tsis paub.

Dropped off the scrapbook at Yes Buffet, traffic was crazy on the way there. But I did hear that remix of that song on the radio ^_^!! made traffic bearable...wonder how ppl in CA or NY live with this minor chaos. I'll miss Ms. Her and the rest of the Asian Club officers, it's been nice to get to know them.

Didn't stick around for dinner, went back home and mom, dad, josh and I went out to dinner. I'm still stuffed...several hours later.

No comments: