Wednesday, August 26, 2009

job search!

Thank God! for all the opportunities he gives!

I acted on what my parents told me and decided not to take the Home Health position. Instead, I applied at the UW hospital for a Student Nursing Aide job; and since I worked that position in the spring, most of my application doesn't have to be redone!

On top of that, the woman who called me to set up an interview is also in charge of the Nurse Residency program (Nurse intern-mentor program) and she reminded me to get my application in early and that my 3rd recommendation letter could be a little past the deadline as long as the other two are in.

I have an interview on Monday for the rehab floor, where I shadowed to learn about assistive devices that help with daily living. The floor was very different than other units that I've been on and I'm really excited that I might get a job here and learn more about how people overcome daily obstacles on a whole different level (like, amputated limb or new paraplegic). I hope I can be a great and encouraging worker there!

No comments: