Sunday, February 24, 2008

scrabble

So I'm very pleased that scrabble will be over in 46 minutes. My participation is done, and not a moment too soon.

So much work to do.

I'm disappointed a little at how it turned out. We definitely got the word out pretty well (newspapers, radio) but the money that came in wasn't as much as I'd like to see.

Quite honestly though, I'm really fed up with this, and I don't think I want to raise money for any thing, for a good long time. Yesterday was ok, very busy, and I enjoyed it. Today some lady stepped on my nerve ,,,.... Plus, it was mellow today, really nothing to be excited about.

Yesterday we had the mayor, and fantastic music from South America, and obnoxious TV reporter who asked them (rudely) to stop playing. Lot of people came, 25 registered individuals in the tournament, and maybe 10 or so non-tournament participants. The scrabble association came and refereed, and it was all exciting.
I met the Evenstart staff on the West Side (didn't realize there was one on the West Side). That was nice and all, but today it kind of hit me, Why didn't they help out at all? I was mostly fine running around, putting time into this, making calls, visiting people who might be interested, driving and postering all on the West side and campus... until a couple hours ago when I realized that they could have helped with at least some of that, it's not like they didn't know this was happening.
I try and remember the families that I put hours and hours in for, and remember the cause, but I'm just burned out.

Nothing would please me more than my homework flying into my head, knowing all this stuff, acing this midterm then settling down to a good bowl of ice cream and sitting and doing nothing with M.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, that's true...why didn't they help? That's a lot for just one person to take on.
At least the tourny is over and you can rest for a bit.
Maybe the full impact of all the good you did hasn't hit you yet, but I think it will hit you soon.
I hope you get your icecream soon. <3