Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Beta-sapphire, Beta-ruby

Thanks Eugene ^_^
That was really insightful...it didn't even occur to me to name the red one ruby.. I kept trying to think of another shade of red to describe the red one. But since Sapphire precisely describes the blue one, I do believe we can fudge and call the red one ruby.
I did like pokemon in the very beginning, then it just got ridiculous with all the extra versions. Sort of like "Land Before Time III-XI..."

The really funny thing is...I was staring at the red one today and I wondered if he was the same as beta-red... *scratching head* my roommate believes the red one is different..

Any ways...they're both healthy as of now. We're trying almond leaves and new food...hopefully they'll survive until the end of the semester.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sapphire and Ruby also pair together well because they are both corundums. Yeah, I'm a nerd.

Joan said...

^_^ that's really cool, I never knew that there was a specific name for that category of rock.
It's not bad to be a nerd, especially if you have that kind of knowledge and trivia style details.

Anonymous said...

It's not really a catergory. Corundum is actually the material that rubies and sapphires are made of. Both of those gemstones are made of corundum, but they have different trace minerals that give them a different color. They're more like different colors of beagles rather than different colors of dogs.

Joan said...

Oh..I get it.
What else is made of corundum? Maybe I'll get another fish :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know. I know that pure corundum would be clear. Sapphire and Ruby are the only varieties that I know of.