Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Good Quality Time

I interviewed M for 2 and a half hours today for my AAS class. Basically we talked about his past in Thailand, why his family moved here, and what life is like now here in America. We ended on a "hopeful note" as my teacher suggested, it was quite funny.

[normal talk, jotting down notes, etc.]
"So what are your plans for the future?"
"wife an' kids"
[wife and -
"what??"
[laughs]
"oops...just joking
I meant hopefully --- in a couple of years."

For a good while we've been talking about him and a girlfriend (or lack thereof) and over and over he's said that he's not getting married soon. I guess I got so caught up in jotting things down that I didn't even notice he said that. "I want to be able to go fishing whenever I want."

Highly amusing, just drove around Madison, Waunakee for the whole time. Good thing for Taiwan, I packed the pen with a light in the cap and I could write while we were out. We drove through the Olin park light show for a short break. The lights were nice.
Good night everyone ^_^

No comments: