Saturday, October 21, 2006

Break from studying

I've finally discovered the unhappiness that surrounds midterms.

I'm scrambling to sort through various notes to create outlines to study and later memorize. Two essays will be written over an hour and change and I'm quite frightened. I really know the overall concepts and materials, but the only thing is that I can't remember when they happened, and I can't just recall them. Thus...I need to memorize and admit that I don't know things as well as I could.

In the world of Chem and non-Social Science... I've recently been enlightened with the knowledge that my knowledge of what "reaction rate" is, is completely off the mark. So...tomorrow I will desperately scram to get the knowledge in my head and ready for Monday morning.
Then after that...need recovery time to cram some more for AAS essays that evening.

I have half a mind to skip both classes in between the two midterms, but that'll probably set me back on the next sessions.

This weekend I have done a lot. Unfortunately, skipped the dance exhibition but I really needed the time at home. This last week I've been busy preparing stuff for Operation Christmas Child. Creating flyers for the church kids and the dorm girls, checking for errors, figuring out how to word things nicely as not to offend those sensitive ears out there (*I must roll my eyes*).
Oh goodness...my fun this weekend was just shopping for the stuff for the shoeboxes. I have a nasty feeling I spent my whole paycheck for these last two weeks. But it's a great feeling to know that someone out there will be super happy about these gifts that I'd probably be ungrateful about.
BTW...if you have a box ready for shipping (based on criteria from the site), either drop it off at the closest drop off location or pass it to me. My goal is to hit that 50 marker where I'll have to call ahead so they're prepared to see what God has dropped in for them.

Thursday was cool. Went to lunch with CT. Had ice cream and the girl at the counter was nice enough to do two flavors in single size. He had soup...what a stupid choice :)

Got a lot to do.

God help me! and everyone else out there who's realized that they can't do everything alone!

No comments: