Friday, July 21, 2006

"Ua Siab Ntev"

Make, do, act with long liver...
with a spirit of long-suffering,
patient endurance of wrongs or difficulties.
(The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down)
Oh goodness...Sometimes I wish I had learned to be more patient with people. I feel like I used to be patient, but no longer am.
One of my old people today rudely asked me, "what do you want?" when I needed to speak with the woman next to her. Another one looked at me as if I was stupid to offer take home boxes or bags... A woman at another table was recounting how she had to find help, and how the people offered to her had names like, "Leisha, Luther"...in short, "black sounding names". Honestly, sometimes I think that the old people at work are too rich and spoiled, and have lost their manners. I was ready to stand in the loud washing room and scream some extreme obscenities, but it's better to release the anger in other ways.
I like this quote from my textbook. It's used when parents teach their children good behavior, or when someone acts impatiently or impulsively. Impulsive would be shouting awful names in the washing room. Impatient would be clearing their plates with no care to be gentle. Good behavior is what I can only hope my actions were today.
I think I have people-problems.

No comments: